PICOLIT DOCG Friuli Colli Orientali - 750 ml
Picolit is considered a gem of Italian wine. Probably, the origin of its name comes from the low production of its berries and grapes, or according to other versions, the small size of its grapes. This wine is always very valuable, just think that its production, even today, not exceeding in the whole Friuli 900 hectoliters. This is due to the fact that the Picolit bunch produces very few and sparse berries, about 10-15 berries per bunch.
Precisely for this reason has always had an image of great exclusivity, becoming in the past centuries the wine par excellence for the big events that delighted the palates of Princes and Popes. Carlo Goldoni called it the gem of Friuli wine brighter.
• Harvested by hand in small boxes (late September / mid-October). The harvest is done in several steps to try to pick the grapes in the best phase surmaturzione;
• De-stemming, crushing and soft pressing;
• Fermentation and aged in oak barrel of 228 lt;
• The aging duration is of about 24 months, then we proceed to bottling;
• After bottling the wine is aged in the bottle several months before to be release.
Join our mailing list: receive periodic updates on our exclusive live events, news on our selected wineries, their products, families and territories.
Keep in touch with our team of experts!