PIGNOLO Rosso DOC Friuli Colli Orientali - 750 ml
Its presence in Friuli, and more particularly in sub-areas of Rosazzo and Rocca Bernarda, is documented since 1398. His origin: the vineyards of the Rosazzo Abbey. Then was forgotten by history and by men ... because of its low yield and its sensitivity to the disease that made him a disadvantage to more resistant varieties. But then, thanks to the instructions of Walter Filiputti were found the last two plants, from which they create new plants. And this great wine continue its journey. Pignolo want marly soils, dry and well exposed to the sun. The grapes are rich in tannins, offers high sugar concentration and excellent color. Wine is one of the great red wines from Italy. And is able to age with nobility over 20 years.
Grapes: Pignolo 100%
Planting year: 1996
Number of plants: 6,000 plants per hectare
Altitude: 170 m.s.l.m.
Exposure: Hilly with south exposure
Soil: Marl and sandstone
Area of the vineyard: Rosazzo
Production: 800 grams of grape per plant
Training system: Guyot
Colour: Deep ruby red color with purple shades
Parfum: The nose is expressed in all its power with notes of plum, violet, cherry, mulberry, cocoa, coffee, leather, vanilla and spices in a combination that we can perceive in the palate too.
Taste: The taste of fruit, tannins and balanced acidity makes the Pignolo a true, noble interpreter of red wines from Friuli
• Harvested by hand in boxes of 10 kg;
• De-stemming and soft crushing;
• 10/14 days of maceration in oak vats and conduct of the alcoholic fermentation with indigenous yeasts;
• 50% of the wine is then aged in oak barrels of 500 liters, while the remaining 50% is aged in oak barrels of 225 liters.
• The period of aging is 36/38 months, then proceed to bottling in the waning moon of January;
• After bottling (made without filtration) the wine is aged in the bottle for a year before release.
Join our mailing list: receive periodic updates on our exclusive live events, news on our selected wineries, their products, families and territories.
Keep in touch with our team of experts!